Thursday, March 03, 2005

Foggy Brains and Eye Surgery

Rex looked into Lasik surgery. He had his eyes checked to see if he would be a candidate for the surgery. We found out his eye sight is too bad to be corrected. There is another option to have something like a contact lens permanently placed on the eye. I am not sure if we are going to look into that though.

We still have sick people in the house. Lilly is not quite all better yet, neither is Isaac and today Rexford has finally succumbed to it. He generally doesn’t get sick when we all do. One of the worst parts of being sick this time was not being able to fall asleep. I would be so tired and not be able to fall asleep. The other thing that has been really annoying is the lack of concentration. I would not be able to remember what the last sentence I said was and I wouldn’t be able to make complete sentences without stopping to think about it. I had a foggy brain.

Sarcastic people! Here is how I deal with them. Do nothing…say nothing; don’t waste your time worrying about it. You might be thinking …why are you writing about it, aren’t you worried about it…..well the answer is NOPE. They are the ones who look bad, for some reason this week, I find them amusing. I hope I can keep up this attitude. It’s not the volume of your voice; it’s what comes out your mouth. I think calling them sarcastic is kind, not really the right word, but you know what I mean.

We had our second coop class for this semester. Geneva really enjoys the nursery, she happily goes to it just like she does for church nursery. Lilly and Danielle have an art class, poetry class and gym. Isaac and Ethan have the same classes this time, a drawing class with a excellent teacher they are really learning a lot from her and I am so thankful for it. They also have a woodworking class. Rexford has a gym class and yearbook class which I am teaching. The first hour I have a support group with half of the mothers at our coop. We have a time of prayer also. It has been so great to listen to these women talk about homeschooling, the struggles and all the funny things that come along with it. I feel so energized afterwards. The second hour I teach my class, so far so good. I am getting to know some of the teenage girls in the coop. We have a lot of work to do in a short amount of class time.

No comments: