Monday, August 07, 2006

The gauntlet

How was everyone’s weekend? Friday night we went to torture class, I mean endurance class at tkd. I seem to forget how hard that class is or I don’t think I would go back to it. One night last week at the end of class we did an exercised called the gauntlet, everyone makes 2 lines facing each other and one person is picked to go through the gauntlet. The teacher picks certain people to attack the chosen person as they walk down between the lines of people. Any way I was the last person picked and as I was walking down, I really wanted to run, no one was attacking me until I got to the middle and everyone came after me. I screamed and back out of the circle that had formed…lol. It’s great practice for your self defense:) I don’t think anything can help if you have 10 people going after you though!

Saturday morning I went to the Farmer’s Market downtown with my neighbor. I got a pineapple for one dollar and some other great deals. We went to testing at tkd on Saturday. It is hard to know what to say to the people testing, because you want to be encouraging but also you want to help them for the next time they test. So it’s a good experience for me:) Later that day we had company over. I made chicken scaloppini and Italian bread.

Here is my recipe:
Sauce: 2 sticks of butter, juice from 1 lemon and ¼ cup white wine.
Cook wine and juice till condensed, melt butter.
In separate pan fry chicken that has been tenderized and coated with flour. Remove from pan. Sauté some mushrooms and pancetta, add chicken, jar of capers with juice from jar, one jar of marinated artichoke hearts chopped. Add shrimp.
Add one half of sauce to meat mixture and the other half to angel hair pasta. Pour pasta into serving bowl and spread meat mixture on top.
Lots of CALORIES! I don’t know how much. The first recipes I had for this called for 4 sticks of butter so I consider this the low calorie recipe even though I am not fooling myself.

Rex listened to a sermon on the third commandment and shared it with us. I have been using God’s name carelessly by saying “Oh my goodness”, etc. I didn’t realize how much I said it until I have been trying to stop. I am working on this!

I am reading a book titled Tomorrow to the kids, it’s about procrastination. A friend recommended a book I have been reading The House of Love, by Elizabeth Cheney.

No comments: