Monday, April 17, 2006

They’re spying on us!

I have been trying to hit the thrift stores for summer clothes bargains. Sometimes they are not any cheaper than Wal-Mart or Sears for a pair of cotton shorts. Before we went out we got out last years summer clothes to see what still works for this year. Danielle needed a new swimsuit. I usually spend the largest amount of money on swimsuits because the ones I think are appropriate happen to be expensive. Anyway a couple hours after the girls went through their clothes we got a phone call asking if someone from church could bring over some clothes. Yes! A swimsuit that fits Danielle was in the bag. She couldn’t get over it and commented that they must have been spying on us, I told her God provided it and He knew she needed it!

What’s up with people not RSVP-ing anymore? I helped throw a baby shower recently and the lady in charge of it was counting how many people were going to attend and didn’t know the week of the shower the number yet because half the people didn’t get back to her. We surmised it was either a lack of manners, Midwestern problem or that people don’t host enough events to know that the host needs to prepare, purchase etc supplies ahead of time….lol I guess you can chalk it up to being self-absorbed, which I am guilty of also.

I am still using the website mycaloriecounter.com everyday. I am down one size and 1/3 of my way to my goal weight! I journal my calories everyday, it has been a huge help! It seems so silly, I could easily write everything out on a notebook, which I will end up doing after the membership is up at the counter website. I was reflecting on how much I use the internet everyday. I pop to it all the time for questions and such I want the answer to quickly. I try to blog once a week. My family reads the blog even though they don’t comment, which is fine with me:) My hope is I don’t spend too much time on the internet. So I have to check myself, with everything in life moderation! Even if it is good for you. Who wants to spend most of their day in front of the computer, I think you become anti-social and don’t know how to carry on a conversation with people in real life. And besides that your back hurts! (I have spent a couple days during spring break working on graphics for the t-shirts on the computer.) We once got rid of the t.v. for a couple years maybe we should get rid of the computer for a couple! No email! That sounds wonderful! No spam!!!!!

I can’t believe Rexford is scheduled to take the S.A. T. this summer. He will be applying to colleges to get into one of them for classes in the fall using the PSEO program. I hope he can get in. Since he has 2 more years of High School left this will be a huge help. It seems like yesterday he was a toddler trying to rule the world, I mean his parents:) We were at an Easter party on Saturday and the kids decorated some eggs, Rexford wrote on his, “I want to rule the world!” Ethan won for decorating his egg the best.

I had extreme stomach flu last week. It lasted only one day but I still don’t have my strength completely back.

No comments: