Monday, March 13, 2006

Whatever my God ordains is right

One of my links on this blog has been for Jessica. It read Pray for Jessica. I will be taking the link down today. Jessica passed away last month. Rex and I went to the visitation with a couple of people from church that also practice Tae Kwon Do. Please remember to pray for Jessica's parents.

May this hymn be theirs:
What-e’er my God ordains is right:Holy his will abideth;I will be still what-e’er he doth,And follow where he guideth:He is my God; Though dark my road,He holds me that I shall not fall:Wherefore to him I leave it all.
What-e’er my God ordains is right:He never will deceive me;He leads me by the proper path;I know he will not leave me:I take, content, What he hath sent;His hand can turn my griefs away,And patiently I wait his day.
What-e’er my God ordains is right:Though now this cup in drinking,May bitter seem to my faint heart,I take it, all unshrinking:My God is true; Each morn anewSweet comfort yet shall fill my heart,And pain and sorrow shall depart.
What-e’er my God ordains is right:Here shall my stand be taken;Though sorrow, need, or death be mine,Yet am I not forsaken;My Father’s care Is round me there;He holds me that I shall not fall:And so to him I leave it all.
(Samuel Rodigast [1675], translated by Catherine Winkworth [1829-1878])

No comments: