Friday, January 20, 2006

Chorus of Coughs

I feel like I am running a hospital here. The only people who are not sick are Rexford and I. I am not 100% but nothing like everyone else. We took Lilly in to the doctor on Thursday. Saturday morning she fainted, or so that’s what we are saying right now. So Thursday was kind of a recheck from being in the ER Saturday morning from her faint. They ran a few more tests on her, another blood test, influenza test and a chest x-ray. She has pneumonia. She started her medicine yesterday, a double dose. She should feel a lot better today. She will be rechecked again in a few weeks with another blood count, her platelets are low.

I stayed home from church last Sunday and heard a couple wonderful sermons on apparel. One of the reasons I feel I should spend more time on my appearance. They are by Pastor Lee McKinnon and you can find the sermons at sermon audio.com if you are interested. He likens church to a special occasion and makes a point about how we should dress for church. He said we dress for church they way we would to attend a special occasion like a wedding or anniversary dinner. The evening service is of no lesser important than morning service. There is no dress code but the bible places an importance on clothing and so should we. I don’t think there is a dress code but mini skirts, skin tight shirts and jeans shouldn’t even be in the debate. I think how you dress on Sunday is a reflection of many things. I don’t think I dress poorly on Sunday, just every other day of the week. I need to work on my appearance those other 6 days of the week. God looks on what’s on the inside not the outside and I am not discounting that, that is completely true. If that is completely true it doesn’t mean we shouldn’t worry about our appearance though:) O.k. I am getting off my box.

No comments: