Saturday, November 12, 2005

Half box of tissues

A few months ago Rex and I went to the video store and rented a movie because of a recommendation from a columnist. On the way home from the video store we talked about movies we would never watch because you already now the outcome and it seems soooooo depressing. We talked about movies such as The Titanic and The Perfect Storm, movies we haven’t seen. I don’t want to watch people suffer and die. I guess I am talking about Dramas here, since I usually love action movies and some of the characters usually die in those but you don’t know their character very well so it doesn’t seem so bad or the bad guy dies at the end of movie. So Rex and I were reminiscing about movies we had seen and were looking forward to the one we just rented. I didn’t read the commendation myself so I didn’t know what to expect but it was a really good movie. A Walk to Remember. We have T.V. Guardian also. I don’t know if it blocked out anything though. If we would have known the ending we wouldn’t have rented it to begin with, but it was an over all good movie.

The portrayal of Christians was not demeaning but it was kind of corny (The preacher writing and practicing his sermon at the pulpit etc.) But the gospel wasn’t there.

No comments: