Thursday, October 13, 2005

Strawberries and Tomatoes

Well I am finally starting to feel better. I have been sick for such a long time. I am not completely recovered but I am sleeping so much better now and my cough and sore throat are much better. Life goes on….
A neighbor down the street from us lost her husband; she is a very sweet lady. She will say things like, “My husband and I would love to sit outside and listen to your kids play. It was music to our ears. I have never heard your kids fight” This must be due to the fact she is an older lady now and her hearing is off. It is interesting that your perspective changes the older you get. I know sometimes when the kids are driving me up a wall, that one day soon they will all be moved out of the house, ok well not that soon but Rexford will be heading to college in three years and Ethan is one year behind him.

Our neighbors across the street gave us a carriage that attaches to your bike. So now Geneva can have fancy rides when we go out for bike rides. For the last few months I thought Isaac was a year younger than what he really is. It wasn’t till Lilly had her birthday that I realized I had been goofing up his age. The ball is finally rolling for Isaac to get his braces on his teeth; he has separators in this week. They want him to have his baby teeth removed by the dentist soon, 2 of his baby teeth will have to be surgically removed.

Some of us tested for our red belts in TKD at the beginning of the month. During the testing I was thinking I will never test again! It was the hardest test I have ever done. I know each testing should be harder than the last. Sometimes it seems unfair that some people have easier testing, but it does feel good to know more is expected out of us. Our school isn’t running the Mc Belts. It doesn’t have an extra value menu.

I heard a really good sermon a couple weeks ago that really hit the spot. We should not be looking to others to fulfill our needs, only to Christ. People will always let you down, I already know this, yes but I needed a reminder. Christ will never fail. YES!!!!! So if you are feeling down this week, ask yourself if you are seeking Christ and His ways.

God uses situations as wake up calls, or warnings. Last week I was in a meeting that was praying for someone, thinking I could be this person all these people are concerned about. Don’t ever think you are above a certain sin, because you may find yourself totally in it when you are so self-righteous.

The company we hired to do our gutters and take down a couple of trees has really been a experience. I don’t have time to blog about it but it’s pretty hilarious. I can’t blog about everything nor do I try to. That is what real life communication is for.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Webby Awards accepting entries
The 10th Annual Webby Awards is now accepting entries. The 10th Annual Webby Awards marks the debut of three new blog categories - Business Blog, Political Blog, and Personal/Cultural Blog - and the first-ever ...
Blog rocks! This may be off topic but have you ever seen a pet portrait?
I have a website about Iron Dog Beds Pop over if you get a chance to see some really cute Pics!

Anonymous said...

Ok. I'll bite. What does this have to do with Strawberries and Tomatoes?

Marion said...

It’s a veiled or failed reference to the color of my new belt. Clever huh…lol:)