Monday, July 25, 2005

To the lake we don't go

I had my hopes on going to the lake twice last week. One trip was cancelled due to another family’s scheduling conflict that came up unexpectedly. Then on Saturday we were invited to a birthday party/day at the lake. It rained and was so cloudy, we didn’t swim but had a fun time at the lake, meeting new friends too:) The kids had a fun time playing. We had our first taste of Cambodian food. I always enjoy trying new food from other cultures. I didn’t ask anyone for the recipes. Then later that evening we had a family from church over. We played a couple games; I think my team always lost which is very unusual for me...hehehe! During dinner we were on the subject of playing musical instruments and it was mentioned that someone had wanted to play the drums. I had to fess up that I had wanted to play the drums when I was a kid also, because I liked the drummer from the band KISS. I believe I shocked the kids at the table; we all had a good laugh. It is so hard to imagine how other people view you and your what you are like, I guess it is a good thing that the kids couldn’t imagine me liking someone from the band KISS or is it?

We finally had our new patio door installed. Rexford blogged about it here:
http://www.threebrotherz.blogspot.com/
It is really nice! Thank you Jeanne and Bob.

No comments: