Wednesday, July 06, 2005

My McLife

Rexford and Geneva outside of our church.

One day last week, I had only got a couple of hours of sleep and I had a lot to do to get ready to leave for the weekend. Geneva had a dentist appointment that morning, which she did absolutely perfect at! So I decided to go through McDonalds for lunch since I didn’t want to cook for lunch. I drove up to the place where they take your order and gave my order, the first time I said it the guy tells me he didn’t get it so I repeat it for him. I tell him my order again …1 cheeseburger with no mustard, 4 Mc Chickens, 2 no mayo, 2 hamburgers, fries,…etc.. He repeats it back but changes the Mc Chickens to chicken nuggets, so I tell him it’s wrong. I ask him if he would like me to go up to the window and give him my order, and he says no. I start to give my order again and he tells me they no longer sell Mc Chickens, I was really surprised, so I change my order and finally get past the ordering board. When I go up to the first window the young guy apologizes for the miscommunication and I tell him it’s ok etc. Next window I pay for my order and while I am waiting there I think I see golden arches to my right. So I look over and I see Mc Donalds over on my right. I had been giving Wendy’s my Mc Donald order the whole time and I started to laugh. I assume the workers in Wendy’s thought I was a nut!

We spent the 4th of July in S.D. We visited Rex’s family on Saturday. We were able to visit with Rex’s Grandpa, who is 86. Danielle asked him his age:) We also saw Rex’s parents. We viewed their new home. Rex’s sister Charlotte and her husband came by with Chase and Trey. Chase is one month older than Danielle. Danielle is happy to report she is A LOT taller than Chase!
We spent the rest of the time in S.D. with my mom and stepfather. Rex took the kids to a park to fly their kites, we knew it would be windy enough in S.D. to fly them there. The kids also saw the stars in the sky when it was dark. It was beautiful; in M.N. the city lights prevent you from viewing the stars at night. We went to Hu Hot, it is a Mongolian barbeque. You go through a buffet and pick out the fresh meat and veggie you want than you add whatever sauces you want on it and the chef cooks it on a wheel. They have many recipes for the sauces to add to your dishes. We watched fireworks in a parking lot with a lot of other people Monday night. Danielle says it was the best show she has ever seen! We went swimming on Monday, a family swimming pass cost $50 in S.D. here it costs around $300. I would like to spend my summers in S.D.! My brother and his wife and kids come over. He brought a DVD of the first UFC fights. It was pretty wild because the rules of fighting were pretty lax in the beginning of the UFC. My mother made a garlic and shrimp pasta with spinach for lunch, it was delicious and I was able to take home the leftovers. On Sunday we went to the E.V. Free church. They didn’t have an evening service nor could we find a church to attend that evening so we listened to a sermon off our laptop. The preaching was excellent at the church we attended in the morning.

Geneva playing with sparklers at Grammy's.

Some of the kids eatting ice cream on the deck.

Me and my mom.

No comments: