Monday, June 20, 2005

Yee Haw

I have been so busy lately. No time to blog until now. The last couple of weeks have been very full. We took the kids and a friend from church to Valley Fair last week. It was very crowded! The kids didn’t get to go on as many rides as they usually do. I had a fun time at the water park in Valley Fair. Geneva had a great time and took a nap after playing in the wading pool on her Daddy’s lap. It was Danielle’s first time going and Rex and I thought she would be nervous on the roller coasters but she wasn’t. She would make comments like “That was nothing” or “Yee Haaw”. Rex would like to go to Cedar Point in Ohio. It is an amusement park that is known to have the best roller coaster rides.

A couple of the kids have started their CAT tests. We celebrated Father’s Day last Saturday. We spent a lot of the day getting some projects around the house finished. There is always something to be done. My mom got Rex a t-shirt that says “Rex Kwon Do, Bow to your Sensei”.
BTW, Tae Kwon Do is Korean and Sensei is from Karate which is Japanese. Oops!

We finally got a patio door ordered. Something as simple as ordering a door turned into a big hassle. Blah Blah Blah. That is all I am going to say about it.

I went to a Wing Chun class with Rex last week. It was a lot harder than I thought. It seems a lot of people think their martial art is the only and best system. I prefer practicing TKD but I can see the benefits of Wing Chun. I plan to practice Wing Chun but probably not as much as Rex.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where are you practicing Wing Chun at?

Marion said...

http://home.mn.rr.com/wingchun/index.htm
Here is web address of the school. They are not into kicking there:) This is my first instinct during a sparring match. They are into touchy feely. The hardest part was staying in the rooting stance for such a long period of time.