Friday, June 24, 2005

Animal Haters

In the last couple of weeks, Harley the fraidy cat and Winnie our dog have been to the vet. Harley has gained a lot of weight and we have had to cut back on the food we have been giving him. He rarely gets a treat because he has such a sensitive stomach. Winnie has lost weight so we are giving her extra food and treats. I am not sure why she has lost weight and neither was the vet but it could be she is getting a lot more exercise than what she was used to.

A couple of years of ago I couldn’t image having fish, a cat and a dog. It all started with the fish. A long story on how we got the cat but really Harley is so user friendly. He is barely any work. It still seems like we don’t have a cat because he is so into his own world and he doesn’t like to play. I had a dog for about a week when I was little. A German Shepherd whose daddy was a police dog. Rex and I got a cocker spaniel shortly after we got married, and it was a disaster! We were not cut out to have an animal. Having a dog is a huge responsibility. I never thought we would have time for any animals. I would look down on dog owners who had smelly overweight dogs. They were not taking care of them right. So some people would say I was an animal hater. No, I didn’t hate animals I just knew they were not right for my lifestyle. Yes, I would make fun of people who wore sweaters with cat and dogs on them. If you see me wearing one I will understand if you laugh! Ok, I am not that crazy! I have always belonged to P.E.T.A People Eating Tasty Animals. (I know it’s an old joke) It is still funny to me. Peta people (not all of them) are the real animal haters. Please don’t send them any money! I use to think they thought more highly of animals than humans. They hate them both.

http://www.petakillsanimals.com/

1 comment:

Dale Melchin said...

Marion

Thank you for posting a comment on my blog come back again soon. I try to keep it real on the Melhien Network. I look forward to reading your blog from time to time. I'll add yours to my favorites. Looks like I'm not the only Jack of all trades around here. :)