Monday, September 22, 2008

God shall be glorified

I have many photos of John but I think this one is so precious. He was tiny but he completely filled us with love.

Many of you know about the loss of our sweet baby John Anthony last week. A couple ladies came over on Saturday with food for family and a book in which one page was marked for me to read. At the end of the article was this quote.

Whatever thy grief or trouble be, take every drop in thy cup from the hand of Almighty God. He with whom "the hairs of thy head are all numbered," knoweth every throb of thy brow, each hardly drawn breath, each shoot of pain, each beating of the fevered pulse, each sinking of the aching heart. Receive, then, what are trials to thee, not in the main only, but one by one, from His all-loving hands; thank His love for each; unite each with the sufferings of they Redeemer; pray that He will thereby hallow them to thee. Thou wilt not know now what He thereby will work in thee; yet, day by day, shalt thou receive the impress of the likeness of the ever-blessed Son, and in thee, too, while thou knowest it not, God shall be glorified.

E.B. Pusey

3 comments:

Erica Rinella said...

I am so sorry for your loss. I understand how tough it is to face, get used to and grow to LOVE an unexpected pregnancy only to have it ripped it away from you. I wish that there were something I could say to make it better. Please give yourself some time and space to grieve. I am sure that your beautiful family loves you dearly and will be with you each step of the way.

Tiffany said...

i found your blog from you posting on mine. I want to say I feel your pain, and I am so sorry for you loss. Nothing I say can make it feel better. We are pretty close in the grieving process. My thoughts are with you during this difficult time.

The Hutton Family said...

I am so so sorry! I have been meaning to write, call, email you since we received the news. We are so saddened for your family. We have been praying for you all and we miss you!