Saturday, October 28, 2006

I don’t think I will ever hear you say that again!

“We are leaving as soon as Oprah is over” is what I said that caused my son to say that….:) Bill O’Reilly was on her show yesterday and I was able to watch the last half hour of it.

I have a small case of shin splints. I hope it goes away soon! I started jogging again this week with my jogging partner. We took a break when school started up, she is a home schooling mom also:) I am working hard to reverse the effects of gluttony in my life, a sin I can't remember ever preach on from the pulpit but a huge problem in our society/churches. I did mean the pun…lol

My Food Log


The end of Oct is upon us! Change your clocks tonight! Fall back one hour!


I am learning a new pattern in taekwondo, one without any kicks. It’s pretty fun, the black belt patterns have been great. We are teaching taekwondo 2 nights a week. The kids are great where we teach, they really say the funniest things. It’s hard to be strict when they are acting up because we are trying not to laugh at the same time.

Yes, the world series is over! I didn’t even know about it till yesterday:) What I find strange is that people who watch men in tights playing with balls think that if your athletic your masculine. What makes a man masculine is your character. Yes, that’s right character, not if you can throw a ball. Who cares if you can throw a ball if you don’t have character? I want my daughter to marry men with character and I want my sons to have character. So when we see something in our children that is sinful we address it. We don’t hide from it. A lot of times our children will deny it, whatever we may be talking to them about in their character that is wrong, but we don’t say well since we can’t prove it and your not admitting to it we will brush it under the rug. Take care to help your children with their character, not sport events.

No comments: