Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Traditions

Well it has been some time since I have updated the blog. I don't have the time to report on everything:) The days leading up to Christmas were spent baking cookies and preparing for Christmas. I celebrated my birthday on the Saturday before my birthday. Rex took me out for breakfast, we have a tradition that Dad takes out the birthday kid on their birthday..Yeah it was my turn!!! We had breakfast with a young couple traveling through the cities. It is so refreshing to fellowship with people who love the Lord. We had our traditional Christmas Eve dinner. Fish with wild rice soup I also made pierogies. I started this tradition 10 years ago while we stayed a month with Rex's parents before we moved to Florida. Jeanne had terrible headaches the whole month and spent most of her time in bed, so I did almost all the cooking, I wanted something special for Christmas eve dinner and that's the menu I came up with and since then nobody wants it to change. I think most nationalities have seafood for Christmas eve so it is really nothing out of the ordinary.

Danielle turned 8 on the 27th. My mom took Danielle to the mall to get her ears pierced. She did super and looks so gorgeous with the new studs. We went to the movie The Incredibles, she had a Hello Kitty cake and went out for Chinese food. She is taller than Lilly now. Speaking of height Rexford is 6 foot now.

We spent New Years Eve with the Hamze's. This tradition started 4 or 5 years ago I think, the first New Years Eve get together was extremely memorable!!! We take turns every year at who's house we go to. We read through Jonathan Edward's resolutions every time also. Sammy and Geneva danced together, it was so cute. Philippe has been keeping a deep dark secret from his wife, it was finally revealed New Years eve. Well I had to snap a picture of it, he was pretty good at it.

Captured!!! Yes finally, I certainly hope so. We cut a hole in the ceiling of our family room to get Harley out. He had been in there since Wednesday, and stopped coming down to eat and use the litter box. We have him in a smaller room now, where he can't get into the ceiling and the kids have been coming in to pet and play with him. Geneva scares him a bit but he seems to be basking in all the attention he is receiving.

No comments: