Wednesday, December 01, 2004

I love December

Yes, part of the reason I love December is that I celebrate my birthday this month; you would think I should hate it then huh. My brother's birthday is 2 days before mine, so close to Christmas. When we were kids we had our birthdays together a lot of the time and my mom tried to keep our birthdays separate from Christmas. Danielle's is 2 days after Christmas.

Ethan sees the neurologist on Friday, we should find out his blood test results and then we can start a plan to help him with some of the problems he is having right now.

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving vacation. We drove to N.D. last Tuesday night and spent the night and Wednesday there with Rex's parents. The kids tried to play with their cat, who was more willing this time to come out of hiding. Rex and Bob did some experiments on wood to see where the breaking points on boards that have knots and boards without knots where.

We then went to visit Rex's Grandpa Evald Wednesday night. We took him out to eat and spent some time in his new apartment. He showed us around his new apartment building. He hasn't been able to attend church because of his hearing, so this is sad but he is able to watch some preachers on TV. with headphones Jeanne got for him. I know he misses being out on the farm but he seems to be enjoying the volunteer visitors, one from England and another one from Texas.



We spent the rest of our vacation with my mom and Frank. My mom got the Shingles shortly before we got there. She hasn't really rested much. Eddie, Maggie and their kids had Thanksgiving with us also. Alex talks a lot for his age and he is really funny to listen to. Little Eddie spent a lot of his time trying to find things to throw and he watched the Christmas lights on my mom's tree. Geneva has been doing 'her' Tae Kwon Do pattern and she did it a lot at my moms, it was really hysterical to watch. She yells and gets into a fighting stance and then kicks. We went out to eat at a Mongolian barbeque Friday night and it was delicious. Rex and I went to a movie that night also, National Treasure.
It was a really relaxing time away.

No comments: